The YWCA’s Fifty+ program is the only place in the Bay Area that offers free training and placement services exclusively to women over 50.
Through our workshops, one-on-one assistance and direct placement services, we have the proven model for success for mature women looking to find work.
“The Fifty+ program offered practical computer skills for the market today, along with private coaching, help to polish resumes, interviewing, and “how to get your name out there”
Fifty+ Client now employed
Your first step with us is one — or more! — of our fantastic and FREE workshops. We have options that meet every person’s needs, and you’ll find an amazing and supportive community in the process.
Class options include:
– Choosing Your Job Direction: This workshop assists Fifty+ clients in identifying their job objective and creating an action plan to reach their goals. 2 days.
– Taking Control of Your Job Search: This workshop is designed to increase client skills in the employment search process and to build networks and connections. 4 days.
-Microsoft Office Skills: Word, Excel, and Outlook classes where clients learn to become competitive in today’s workplace. Prerequisite to computer classes: 2 day or 4 day workshop. ·Payment must be made ·Only credit cards, debit cards and checks will be accepted. ·Credit card payments will be processed in-office by Gretchen. ·Fees are $10 for each Outlook, and $25 for each Excel and Word. ·If a client wants to repeat a class after January 2019, the charge is reduced to $5 for Outlook and $15 each for Word or Excel. ·No scholarships. ·No makeups for missed classes. ·If a client has paid and needs to change class to a future date, they will be allowed to do that . No refunds are given.
-Weekly Job Clubs: Job Club allows our clients to practice their skills, build friendships and stay motivated. Offered weekly.
– Employer Forums: The YWCA invites local employers to lead discussions about current hiring needs, the hiring process and what their future workforce needs may be. Offered bi-monthly.
– Work for Yourself@50+: Specifically designed to help people learn about what it takes to be successfully self-employed in today’s economy.
Call us today at 415-479-9922 or email us to sign up for classes.
Once you get the training you need through our workshops, you’ll want to work one-on-one with someone as you move through your job search — and we’re here for you every step of the way.
The most empowering program I have attended.
Workshop graduates get access to free one-on-one assistance on a variety of subjects such as:
- Mapping out a targeted job search plan;
- Conducting a resume review;
- Interviewing prep and/or mock interviews;
- Negotiation practice;
- Elevator pitch refinement and more.
We’ll be there for you when you search, when you get the offer, and beyond. We can help you negotiate your offer, and then we’ll check in with you on the new job to make sure all is going well. We’re here as your support as you take the steps to your own job search success.
To learn more or make an appointment, call us at 415-479-9922 or email us.
Here at Fifty+, we have a robust employer network that can help match you to your perfect job.
The Fifty+ program offered practical computer skills for the market today, along with private coaching, help to polish resumes, interviewing, and “how to get your name out there”!
Our employer outreach provides you with a number of advantages in your job search, such as:
- Priority advance notification of job postings;
- Getting to the ‘front of the line’ in an employer’s recruitment process;
- Targeted YWCA staff outreach to employers on your behalf;
- With select employers, pre-negotiated higher wage rates for Fifty+ clients.
We can help. Call Bette at 415-479-9922 or email us.
Sign up to receive updates about our programs, activities and events.