PARTNERS + VOLUNTEERS
When you need to fill a position, you need candidates. Yesterday.
You’ve got limited time to sift through the hundreds of resumes you’ve received through Craigslist and to find the few that are actually qualified. You want someone who can hit the ground running, who doesn’t require training and who can easily fit into your team.
You need a free service that can make your hiring process fast and tailored to your needs. We can help.
Contact Bette to get your recruitment started: 415-479-9922 or email us.
I would tell any woman 50 and older who wants to get back in the workforce to take every advantage of what this program has to offer. When I was ready — I was skilled, prepared and confident. It was an invaluable experience.
Fifty+ Client now employed
- Resume Coaching (flexible): Serve as a resume coach during our 1-hour workshop, Taking Control Express: Resumes and Cover Letters. Help clients create a working draft and/or complete a resume.
- Computer Basics (flexible): Teach computer basics to first-time users, showing them components of the computer; turning on and off the computer, using the mouse, showing users what is the browser, navigating the internet and setting up an email account.
- Google Docs (flexible): Teach a workshop on Google Docs, including how it works, how to share documents and how to collaborate on content in google docs.
- Community Outreach: Spread the word about the YWCA by posting or handing off YWCA flyers at various businesses and nonprofit partners in Marin County.
- Office Admin Volunteers: Help making phone calls and putting together binders and packets.
To sign up to volunteer, call us today at 415-479-9922 or email us.
- Resume Review Day (1-6 hours over 1 day): Help our clients craft strong resumes that get them noticed in this exciting one-day review program. Volunteers will be scheduled for 30 minute consultations with Fifty+ clients. Clients will bring in their resumes, volunteers will review them and provide feedback on how the resumes present. Volunteers should have experience with resume review and strong writing skills.
- Mock Interview Day (1-2 hours over 1 day): Help our clients hone their interviewing skills and leave confident in their ability to ace their next interview. Volunteers will be scheduled for 30 minute sessions – 20 minute ‘mock interview’ followed by 10 minutes of direct feedback. Clients will come in dressed for an interview and prepared with their resumes, and volunteers will be provided with a list of sample interview questions in advance. Volunteers should have experience with hiring and strong communication skills.
To sign your group or company up to volunteer, call us today at 415-479-9922 or email us.
Thank you to our current Corporate Volunteers:
The Fifty+ program would not be able to provide free services to over 450 mature women each year without the help of our financial partners and sponsors. Thank you to each of you who are supporting us!
Sign up to receive updates about our programs, activities and events.