Full-time (40 hours/week), Hourly, Non-Exempt.
Base Hourly Pay: $27.01; On-call: $1.50 ($2.00 Effective Oct. 1st, 2023); Bilingual: $0.50
Location: YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley, San Jose, CA 95112 & Family Violence Center (FVC)
Department: Support Services (pending name change to Healing & Justice), Community Support Program
Join a passionate, dynamic team dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. For over 100 years, YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley has provided programs and services that form a critical continuum of response, healing, and prevention. To encourage survivor self-determination, services are delivered through a strengths-based, non-judgmental and trauma-informed lens that aligns with our mission. Be a key part of shaping this future as our new Bilingual Community Support Advocate (FVC).
Reporting to the Support Services Department, Community Support Manager, the Bilingual Community Support Advocate (FVC):
- Provides direct advocacy, counseling, safety planning, case management, support groups, community referrals to adults and children impacted by sexual assault, domestic violence and human trafficking both in person and on the phone using a strength-based, client-centered, trauma-informed approach.
- Effectively advocate for survivors with outside agencies and community organizations, including law enforcement, the District Attorney’s office, social services, etc.
- Work closely with the Family Violence Center in Santa Clare County to provide trauma informed, client centered, and culturally humble services to survivors.
- Manage a caseload of survivors of domestic violence; assess advocacy service needs; arrange, coordinate and monitor the delivery of individualized services
- Provide individual case management sessions with clients including safety planning, risk assessment, and intervention planning.
- Build relationships with community organizations by providing advocacy to survivors; connects survivors to services and increases community awareness of YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley Services.
- Maintains accurate and confidential records (hard copy and soft copy) of client services and updates records in ETO (Efforts to Outcomes database).
We are seeking a compassionate, organized, and reliable individual with a high level of self-awareness and emotional intelligence to provide case management, advocacy and emotional support for survivors of violence. Essential to this role is a demonstrated ability working with culturally and economically diverse individuals and families and ability to work with those impacted by trauma; excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently.
Candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s degree or college course work in social services field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Committed to direct, open and non-violent communication.
- Bilingual, bi-cultural and bi-literate skills.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to sexual assault and abuse issues, trauma, gender equity and/or other forms of oppression.
- 75-hour Sexual Assault Counselor Training highly preferred.
Delivery of service includes overtime to accomplish task at hand. On-call duties are required during evenings and overnight on a rotation. Work includes lifting up to 30 pounds. Susceptible to compassion fatigue and/or vicarious trauma.
Required: Cleared background check (fingerprinting), valid TB test, valid California driver’s license 4-yrs driving experience, reliable transportation and auto insurance. Must have completed or be willing to complete 75hr-trained California State Sexual Assault Counselor certification. (Training will be provided).
- A competitive benefits plan: Employer covers employee’s premium for health, dental, vision, and life insurance (depending on the plan you choose)
- A high deductible medical plan available including employer contributions and optional employee contributions and limited Flexible Spending Account available
- 15 paid holidays are made available each year: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Women’s International Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Indigenous Peoples Day, Veteran Day, Thanksgiving, and the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- 20 days of annual accrued PTO to start
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Talkspace for employees and their household members
- Immediate Employee contributed 403b, and an Employer Contributed 401a Retirement Plan with optional employee contributions after eligibility is me
- Parental leave for eligible employees for up to the first eight weeks
- Annual Retention Bonus
- Employee Discounts with TicketsatWork
- Free Access to the Calm App
- With access through Kaiser for the Ginger App and Class Pass.
TO APPLY: Submit Resume & Cover Letter to and firstname.lastname@example.org with “Bilingual Community Support Advocate (FVC)” in subject line. Posting will continue until position is filled. The YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.