Full-time (40 hours/week), Hourly, Non-Exempt.
Hourly pay-rate: $27.01; $1.50 for on-call ; $0.50 for Bilingual
Location: YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley main office,
& Palo Alto, CA; located at Stanford
Satellite Office and/or Palo Alto Satellite Office.
Program/Department: Support Services(Pending name change to Healing and Justice)/Community Support(North)
Reporting to the Support Services Department, Community Support Manager (North), the Community Support Advocate (North):
·Provides direct advocacy, counseling, safety planning, case management, support groups, community referrals to adults and children impacted by sexual assault, domestic violence and human trafficking both in person and on the phone using a strength-based, client-centered, trauma-informed approach.
·Effectively advocate for survivors with outside agencies and community organizations, including law enforcement, SART nurses, the District Attorney’s office, social services, etc
·Manage a caseload of survivors of domestic violence &/or sexual assault; assess advocacy
service needs; arrange, coordinate and monitor the delivery of individualized services
·Maintains accurate and confidential records (hard copy and soft copy) of client services (service plans and achievements) and demographics and updates records in ETO (Efforts to Outcomes database) on a timely basis.
·Assists in facilitating department trainings and community presentations as needed
·Facilitates low-barrier entry service provision
We are seeking a compassionate, organized, and reliable individual with a high level of self-awareness and emotional intelligence to provide case management, advocacy and emotional support for survivors of violence. Essential to this role is a demonstrated ability working with culturally and economically diverse individuals and families and ability to work with those impacted by trauma; excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and remotely. Bilingual, bi-cultural and bi-literate skills are preferred.
Candidates must have:
·Bachelor’s degree or college course work in social services field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
·Committed to direct, open and non-violent communication.
·Knowledge of and sensitivity to sexual assault and abuse issues, trauma, gender equity and/or other forms of oppression.
·75-hour Sexual Assault Counselor Training highly preferred.
Delivery of service may include some evenings, weekends, and overtime to accomplish task at hand. Additionally, on-call duties are required during some evenings and overnights and holidays on a rotation. Work includes lifting up to 30 pounds. Frequent local travel to Valley Medical Center, Juvenile Hall and to law enforcement agencies in North County (e.g. Palo Alto, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Mountain View, Sunnyvale, and Stanford). Susceptible to compassion fatigue and/or vicarious trauma.
At the start of employment, this position will rotate between the main office in downtown San Jose and Stanford until the end of onboarding and until they are fully 75-hour trained.
Required: Cleared background check (fingerprinting), valid TB test, valid California driver’s license 4-yrs driving experience, reliable transportation and auto insurance.
Must have completed or be willing to complete 75hr-trained California State Sexual Assault Counselor certification. (Training will be provided). This position requires a Covid-19 vaccination due to the in-person interfacing required, and to promote the health and safety of others in the workplace and our community.
- A competitive benefits plan: Employer covers employee’s premium for health, dental, vision, and life insurance (depending on the plan you choose)
- A high deductible medical plan available including employer contributions and optional employee contributions and a limited Flexible Spending Account available
- 15 paid holidays are made available each year: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Women’s International Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Indigenous Peoples Day, Veteran Day, Thanksgiving, and the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- 20 days of annual accrued PTO to start
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Talkspace for employees and their household members
- Immediate Employee contributed 403b, and an Employer Contributed 401a Retirement Plan with optional employee contributions after eligibility is met
- Parental leave for eligible employees for up to the first eight weeks
- Annual Retention Bonus
- Employee Discounts with TicketsatWork
- Free Access to the Calm App
- With access through Kaiser for Ginger App and Class Pass.
TO APPLY: Submit Resume & Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “CS Advocate (North)” in subject line. Posting will continue until position is filled.
The YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.