Full-Time (40 hours/week), Hourly, Non-Exempt.
Hourly Base Pay: $27.01; On-Call: $1.50 an hour; Bilingual:$0.50 an hour
Location: YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley, San Jose, CA 95112
Department: Support Services (Pending name change to Healing and Justice )
Program: Anti-Human Trafficking
Reporting to the Anti-Human Trafficking Manager, the Bilingual CSEC Advocate provides direct advocacy, case management, crisis counseling, and community referrals to individuals impacted by human trafficking. Supports all activities related to case coordination and program operations, including but not limited to, In-Person (CSEC, HT Adult, or SAFE) response, survivor accompaniment throughout all stages of the legal and/or immigration process, accompaniment and advocacy with social services, court, local law enforcement and also distribute emergency funds. The Bilingual CSEC Advocate works closely with other community partners to coordinate advocacy services. The Bilingual CSEC Advocate will serve on committees and workgroups related to human trafficking. The Bilingual CSEC Advocate must not fail in providing confidential services, informing survivors and their families of their legal rights and options and supporting them in their choices throughout the case management process.
We are seeking a compassionate, organized, and reliable individual with a high level of self-awareness and emotional intelligence. Essential to this role is a demonstrated ability working with culturally and economically diverse individuals and families and ability to work with those impacted by trauma; a demonstrated ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment and to respond appropriately to unexpected situations.
Candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills to work independently and as part of a team. You must have an understanding of feminism and a strong commitment to social justice. Additionally, an ideal candidate will possess knowledge of and sensitivity to domestic violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking issues, trauma, gender equity and client-centered service provision.
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a social services field or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Key to success is the ability to be present in a changing work environment; the ability to work independently and the ability to make decisions appropriately, prioritize effectively and model healthy boundaries with empathy and compassion. Candidates should be competent in using Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and have experience in confidential data management and record keeping.
The ideal candidate is a warm, self-starter deeply committed to providing services from a strengths-based, social justice and anti-oppression framework. Prior advocacy-based counseling and case management experience is a plus. Bilingual, bi-cultural and bi-literate skills are required (Spanish, Mandarin, or Vietnamese strongly preferred).
Work hours are primarily days. Schedule TBD. Delivery of service may include overtime to accomplish task at hand. On-call duties are required. Work includes lifting up to 30 pounds. Susceptible to compassion fatigue and/or vicarious trauma.
Required: Cleared background check (fingerprinting), valid TB test, valid California driver’s license and auto insurance. Must have completed or be willing to complete a 65-hour California State Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Counselor certification. (Training will be provided). This position requires a Covid-19 vaccination due to the in-person interfacing required, and to promote the health and safety of others in the workplace and our community.
- A competitive benefits plan: Employer covers employee’s premium for health, dental, vision, and life insurance (depending on the plan you choose)
- A high deductible medical plan available including employer contributions and optional employee contributions and a limited Flexible Spending Account available
- 15 paid holidays are made available each year: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Women’s International Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Indigenous Peoples Day, Veteran Day, Thanksgiving, and the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- 20 days of annual accrued PTO to start
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Talkspace for employees and their household members
- Immediate Employee contributed 403b, and an Employer Contributed 401a Retirement Plan with optional employee contributions after eligibility is met
- Parental leave for eligible employees for up to the first eight weeks
- Annual Retention Bonus
- Employee Discounts with TicketsatWork
- Free Access to the Calm App
- With access through Kaiser for Ginger App and Class Pass.
TO APPLY: Submit Resume & Cover Letter to email@example.com with “BILINGUAL CSEC ADVOCATE” in subject line. Posting will continue until position is filled. The YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We may be unable to respond to every individual submission due to a high volume of applicants. Please do not telephone.
Applicants who do not follow the application procedure are immediately disqualified.