Full-Time (40 hours/week), Hourly, Non-Exempt.
Location: YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley, San Jose, CA 95112
Hourly Rate: $26.31/hr
Reporting to the Housing Program Manager, the Bilingual Emergency Housing Case Manager, LGBTQIA+ provides direct advocacy, crisis counseling, safety planning, community referrals and gender-based violence education to individuals and families residing in the YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley’s emergency housing programs. Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Manage a caseload of LGBTQIA+ survivors of gender-based violence
- Manages crisis situations and adheres to safety and program protocols. Provides conflict resolution when needed.
- Support activities related to emergency housing program, including but not limited to, distribution of food and supplies to all program enrollees, coordination of client needs at scattered site locations, direct advocacy and client follow up.
We are seeking a compassionate, organized, and reliable individual with a high level of self-awareness and emotional intelligence. Essential to this role is a demonstrated ability working with culturally and economically diverse individuals and families and ability to work with those impacted by trauma; a demonstrated ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment and to respond appropriately to unexpected situations.
Candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills to work independently and as part of a team. You must have an understanding of feminism and a strong commitment to social justice. Additionally, an ideal candidate will possess knowledge of and sensitivity to domestic violence and sexual assault issues, trauma, gender equity and client-centered service provision.
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a social services field or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Key to success is the ability to be present in a changing work environment; the ability to work independently and as a member of a diverse team with flexibility, initiative and a sense of humor; and the ability prioritize effectively and model healthy boundaries with empathy and compassion. Candidates should be competent in using Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and experience in confidential data management and record keeping.
The ideal candidate is a warm, self-starter deeply committed to providing services from a strengths-based, social justice and anti-oppression framework. Prior advocacy-based counseling and case management experience is a plus.
Work hours can require evening/weekend work. Schedule TBD. Delivery of service may include overtime to accomplish task at hand. Work may include lifting up to 40 pounds. Susceptible to compassion fatigue and/or vicarious trauma.
Required: Cleared background check (fingerprinting), valid TB test, valid California driver’s license and auto insurance, and proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Must have completed or be willing to complete a 75-hour California State Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Counselor certification. (Training will be provided). This position requires a Covid-19 vaccination due to the in-person interfacing required and to promote the health and safety of others in the workplace and our community. Bilingual, bi-cultural, and bi-literate skills are required in Spanish.
- A competitive benefits plan: health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 15 paid holidays are made available each year: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Women’s International Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Indigenous Peoples Day, Veteran Day, Thanksgiving, and the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- 20 days of accrued Annual PTO to start
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Talkspace for employees and their household members
- Employer contributed 403B Retirement Plan with optional employee contributions
- Employee Discounts with TicketsatWork
TO APPLY: Submit Resume & Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Bilingual Emergency Housing Case Manager, LGBTQIA+” in subject line. Posting will continue until position is filled. The YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We may be unable to respond to every individual submission due to a high volume of applicants. Please do not telephone.
Applicants who do not follow the application procedure are immediately disqualified.