Full-Time (40 hours/week), Hourly, Non-Exempt.
Base pay: $18.88
Location: YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley, San Jose, CA 95112
Department: Education and Empowerment
Reporting to the Youth and Family Services Program Director provides child care services to individuals and families.
We are seeking a compassionate, organized, and reliable individual with a high level of self-awareness and emotional intelligence. Essential to this role is a demonstrated ability to work with culturally and economically diverse individuals and families.
Candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills to work independently and as part of a team. You must have an understanding of feminism and a strong commitment to social justice. Additionally, an ideal candidate will possess knowledge of and sensitivity to domestic violence and sexual assault issues, trauma, gender equity, and client-centered service provision.
Candidates must have registered as a CSU Stanislaus student, complete onsite college-level courses, and work experience hours. In the first four to five (4-5) months, this entry-level position provides the opportunity to complete college-level unit courses onsite and during the work week. These units provide the education necessary to attain the required credentialing for a Teacher I position (Title 22) and attain work experience in a childcare center to complete the course curriculum.
The ideal candidate is a warm, self-starter deeply committed to providing services from a strengths-based, social justice, and anti-oppression framework.
Work hours are primarily days. Schedule TBD. Delivery of service may include overtime to accomplish the task at hand. Work includes lifting up to 30 pounds.
Required: Cleared background check (fingerprinting), valid TB test, Tdap, Influenza MMR, valid 3+ years California driver’s license, and auto insurance. This position requires a Covid-19 vaccination due to the in-person interfacing required, and to promote the health and safety of others in the workplace and our community.
- A competitive benefits plan: Employer covers employee’s premium for health, dental, vision, and life insurance (depending on the plan you choose)
- A high deductible medical plan available including employer contributions and optional employee contributions and a limited Flexible Spending Account available
- 15 paid holidays are made available each year: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Women’s International Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Indigenous Peoples Day, Veteran Day, Thanksgiving, and the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- 20 days of annual accrued PTO to start
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Talkspace for employees and their household members
- Immediate Employee contributed 403b, and an Employer Contributed 401a Retirement Plan with optional employee contributions after eligibility is met
- Parental leave for eligible employees for up to the first eight weeks
- Annual Retention Bonus
- Employee Discounts with TicketsatWork
- Free Access to the Calm App
- With access through Kaiser for Ginger App and Class Pass.
TO APPLY: Submit Resume & Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Child Care Teaching Assistant – Trainee” in the subject line. Posting will continue until the position is filled. The YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We may be unable to respond to every individual submission due to a high volume of applicants. Please do not telephone.
Applicants who do not follow the application procedure are immediately disqualified.