Part-Time 20 hours/week
Hourly Range: $20-25 hour, Non-Exempt
Location: 1557 4th St. San Rafael, CA
Website: www.yourywca.org and www.bloommarin.org
Join a passionate, dynamic team dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. For over 100 years, YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley has provided programs and services that form a critical continuum of response, healing, and prevention. Bloom, a program of YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley, provides complimentary wardrobes to children, women, and men who are transitioning to a life of self-reliance. Bloom receives quality donations of gently-worn or brand-new clothing and accessories. The community can shop in the Retail Store for all the right reasons: as they find great deals for themselves, all the proceeds of purchases help support the program! Be a key part of this program and team as our new Retail Associate!
Reporting to the Retail Manager, the Clothing Donations Coordinator is a collaborative and solutions-oriented team member who runs the day-to-day operations of the clothing donation intake for the Bloom Program in Marin. The Clothing Donations Coordinator Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Oversees receiving and processing all clothing donations ensuring that efficient and effective systems are utilized to optimize the product for dressing program needs and retail sales.
- Ensures large quantities of product move through review, assessment, repair (if need be), assignment to program vs retail, and then ensures proper placement
- Trains, schedules, manages and continuously cultivates a base of volunteers to work in the clothing intake operation, ensuring that someone is always available during donation hours to receive items
- Supports the Manager in soliciting specific product donations from retail partners and/or purchasing new clothing for the client boutiques
- Coordinates relationships with consignment stores and key fashion partners (such as the Real Real) to understand what kinds of clothing they would want in collaboration with the Retail Manager.
We are seeking a passionate, organized, and reliable individual and has as a good eye for fashion and knowledge of brands, garment quality, and clothing resale. The ideal candidate will have a strong connection to mission and understanding of how the Retail Store and sales directly impact our ability dress clients. Candidates must have a High School degree. Essential to this role is a demonstrated ability working directly with the public. This role interacts with the public and with a large volume of volunteers regularly, and as such the person in this role has great communication skills and a love of interacting regularly with others.
Required: Cleared background check (fingerprinting), valid TB test, valid California driver’s license, and auto insurance. In-person role. Prolonged periods of standing, bending, kneeling and ability to lift up to 40 pounds. This position requires a Covid-19 vaccination due to the in-person interfacing required, and to promote the health and safety of others in the workplace and our community. Candidate must be in a drivable distance to Fourth Street office in San Rafael as that will be their primary location. Sales performance bonuses are provided each month if goals are met in the Retail Store.
Schedule: TBD by Program Manager. Donations are accepted Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10:00 a.m – 4:00 p.m.
TO APPLY: Submit Resume & Cover Letter to email@example.com with “Clothing Donations Coordinator” in subject line. Posting will continue until position is filled. The YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We may be unable to respond to every individual submission due to a high volume of applicants. Please do not telephone.
Applicants who do not follow the application procedure are immediately disqualified.