Full-Time (40 hours/week), Hourly, Non-Exempt.
Salary Range: $78,000 – $85,000
Location: YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley, San Jose, CA 95112
Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy, the Development & Events is responsible for the successful execution of philanthropic engagement strategies that include YWCA signature fundraising events, corporate development and engagement, and fund development activities including donor gift processing, donor prospecting, cultivation and stewardship. This position is responsible for ensuring achievement of philanthropic goals within the budget of the philanthropy department. The Development & Events Manager will receive support and supervision from the Director of Philanthropy to ensure achievement of work in the areas of responsibility.
We are seeking a proactive, organized, and reliable individual with a high level of self-awareness and emotional intelligence. Essential to this role is a demonstrated ability working with culturally and economically diverse individuals, donors, corporate partners, and high-net worth individuals; a demonstrated ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and to respond appropriately to unexpected situations.
Candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills to work independently and as part of a team. You must have an understanding of feminism and a strong commitment to social justice. Additionally, an ideal candidate will possess a knowledge of philanthropy, event planning and execution, and managing corporate relationships.
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 2 years of event management or coordination experience as well as 1 year of nonprofit fundraising experience. Key to success is the ability to solicit and steward individual and corporate donors; ability to communicate in a timely, professional, and consistent manner with external and internal stakeholders; ability to manage and update data in various platforms, including event registration systems, donor CRMs, and / or fundraising software that supports peer-to-peer fundraising; the ability to work independently and as a member of a diverse team accountable to individual and team goals and timelines; and the ability prioritize effectively and model healthy boundaries with empathy and compassion. Candidates should be competent in using Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and experience in confidential data management and budget management.
The ideal candidate is a dependable professional with a growth mindset and deep commitment and belief in our mission to end racism and empower women. Bilingual, bi-cultural and bi-literate skills are ideal (Spanish, Mandarin, or Vietnamese strongly preferred).
Work hours are primarily remote Monday – Friday, 9a – 5p, with irregular hours including nights or early mornings scheduled around event dates. Remote working hours will include collaboration via email, Slack, and zoom meetings. Select in office work days to be scheduled and coordinated among the Philanthropy team as needed to complete work tasks and achieve team goals. Work includes lifting up to 40 pounds.
Required: Cleared background check (fingerprinting), valid TB test, valid 3+ years California driver’s license, and auto insurance. Must have completed or be willing to complete a 75-hour California State Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Counselor certification. (Training will be provided). This position requires a Covid-19 vaccination due to the in-person interfacing required, and to promote the health and safety of others in the workplace and our community.
- A competitive benefits plan: Employer covers employee’s premium for health, dental, vision, and life insurance (depending on the plan you choose)
- A high deductible medical plan available including employer contributions and optional employee contributions and a limited Flexible Spending Account available
- 15 paid holidays are made available each year: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Women’s International Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Indigenous Peoples Day, Veteran Day, Thanksgiving, and the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- 22.5. days of annual accrued PTO to start
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Talkspace for employees and their household members
- Immediate Employee contributed 403b, and an Employer Contributed 401a Retirement Plan with optional employee contributions after eligibility is met
- Parental leave for eligible employees for up to the first eight weeks
- Annual Retention Bonus
- Employee Discounts with TicketsatWork
- Free Access to the Calm App
- With access through Kaiser for the Ginger App and Class Pass
TO APPLY: Submit Resume & Cover Letter to email@example.com with “Development & Events Manager” in subject line. Posting will continue until position is filled. The YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.