Director of Support Services
Compensation: $85,000 – $110,000
Location: YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley, San Jose, CA 95112
Department: Support Services
For over 100 years, YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley has provided programs and services that form a critical continuum of response, healing, and prevention to survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and human trafficking and their families. We have an exciting future, and the team to deliver on that lasting change for the people we serve. To encourage survivor self-determination, services are delivered through an intersectional, strengths-based, and trauma-informed lens that aligns with our mission. Be a key part of shaping this future as our new Director of Support Services!
Reporting to the Interim CEO, with dotted-line reporting to the COO, the Director of Support Services ensures YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley meets or exceeds the program quality, outcomes, and financial goals within the support service continuum so the organization’s mission, strategic directions, and business plan can be achieved. As a member of the senior management team, the Director participates in strategic planning, business planning, budgeting and problem solving.
- Ensures the delivery of quality support services programs, e.g. 24/7 crisis response, case management & advocacy, crisis counseling, and legal services to survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and human trafficking
- Manages a department portfolio of 20+ federal, state and local funding contracts, directs 45 department staff and budget of $5.2 million; responsible for fiscal management and stability of the department teams;
- Ensures that the program operates within the approved budget, including proactive achievement of net revenue goals
- Creates an annual department business plan and budget that is in alignment with and advances the YWCA’s overall business plan and strategic plan
- Provides leadership in development of inter-team communication and cohesiveness, sustaining culture and supporting staff through organizational growth.
- Develops new initiatives, programs, and services to advance the Support Services Department and the mission, vision, values and strategic plan of the YWCA
- Cultivates and manages existing relationships with community stakeholders to ensure positive YWCA positioning and cohesive community access to services
We are seeking a solutions-focused leader to sustain programming and mission impact for the Agency with a continuous drive for improvement and growth (vertical and/or horizontal). Candidates must have adaptive leadership skills and have a demonstrated understanding of capacity building principles.
Candidates must have either a Master’s degree in social science, MPA, or MBA or equivalent combination of education and experience. Candidates must have a Minimum 5-8 years of management experience and 10+ years program experience. The ideal candidate must have a demonstrated understanding of financial management, program management, systems change, evaluation and planning. Key to success is the ability to be present in a changing work environment; the ability to build relationships with community stakeholders; and model healthy boundaries with empathy and compassion. The successful candidate will be a strategic leader, with a demonstrated understanding of gender-based violence movement and trauma-informed care. Candidates should be competent in using Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and have experience in confidential data management, grant management, and record keeping.
Required: Cleared background check (fingerprinting), valid California driver’s license and reliable internet, reliable transportation, and auto insurance. Must have completed or be willing to complete 65-hr California State Sexual Assault Counselor certification. (Training will be provided).
TO APPLY: Submit Resume & Cover Letter to and firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Support Services” in subject line. First deadline for submission of resumes: January 14, 2021. Position will be open until filled.
Thank you for your interest in employment with the YWCA. We may be unable to respond to every individual submission due to a high volume of applicants. Please do not telephone. The YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.