DONOR RELATIONS & DATA SPECIALIST
Full-Time (40 hours/week), Hourly, Non-Exempt.
Compensation: $25.48 to $28.37 per hour
Location: YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley, San Jose, CA 95112
Department: Philanthropy Department
Join a passionate, dynamic team dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
For over 100 years, YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley has provided programs and services that form a critical continuum of response, healing, and prevention. Our dedication to the people we serve is unparalleled. We have an exciting future, and the team to deliver on that lasting change for the people we serve. To encourage survivor self-determination, services are delivered through a strengths-based, non-judgmental and trauma-informed lens that aligns with our mission. Be a key part of shaping this future as our new Donor Relations & Data Specialist in our Philanthropy Department.
Reporting to the Director of Annual Campaign, the Donor Relations & Data Specialist provides is responsible for the successful execution of philanthropic engagement activities that include donor gift and data processing, donor prospecting, cultivation and stewardship, signature fundraising events, corporate development and engagement.
The Specialist will:
- Record, process, reconcile, acknowledge all contributions
- Maintain data integrity and conduct periodic data audit
- Lead set up of microsites as required
- Generate reports, mailing lists, analytical analysis as required
- Manage the moves management pipeline within the database to support the Major Gifts Program
- Provide highest level of stewardship to all stakeholders involved
- Execute event related activities as assigned
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITES.
We are seeking a compassionate, organized, and reliable individual with a high level of self-awareness and emotional intelligence. Essential to this role is a demonstrated ability working with culturally and economically diverse individuals and families and ability to work with those impacted by trauma; a demonstrated ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment and to respond appropriately to unexpected situations.
Candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills to work independently and as part of a team. You must have an understanding of feminism and a strong commitment to social justice. Additionally, an ideal candidate will possess knowledge of and sensitivity to domestic violence and sexual assault issues, trauma, gender equity and client-centered service provision.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Support the achievement of YWCA’s strategic plan
- Serve on priority, designated community committees representing YWCA
- Serve designated YWCA operational teams, task forces, and/or committees
- Nurtures and forms meaningful internal and external working relationships and partnerships
- Provide administrative support to the team as needed
Candidates must have:
- Understanding of, and sensitivity to gender-based violence and a strong commitment to racial justice
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1 -2 years’ experience in a relational database (ex. Raiser’s Edge, LiveImpact, GiveEffects, GreenLight, Neon CRM, Salesforce, Bloomerang, DonorPerfect, etc)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Experience, or interest in, understanding of how to identify, cultivate, stewardship and solicit gifts
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of stakeholders to build long-term relationships
- High attention to detail, ability to handle multiple projects at once and deal with competing priorities from multiple sources
- Self-initiated and able to plan and self-manage own work
- Strong ability to manage deadlines and follow up as necessary
- Learn new skills quickly and develops skills as necessary to contribute to a highly dynamic team
- Understand sensitive nature of information and maintain confidentiality
- Committed to direct, open and non-confrontational communication
The ideal candidate is a warm, self-starter deeply committed to providing services from a strengths-based, social justice and anti-oppression framework.
Work hours are primarily days. Schedule TBD. Delivery of service may include overtime to accomplish task at hand. On-call duties are required. Work includes lifting up to 30 pounds.
Required: Cleared background check (fingerprinting), valid TB test, valid California driver’s license and auto insurance.