Full Time (40 hours/week), Exempt; Management
Location: YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley, San Jose, CA 95112
Join a passionate, dynamic team dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. For over 140 years, YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley has provided programs and services that form a critical continuum of response, healing, and prevention. Be a key part of shaping this future as our new Grants Manager.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Grants Manager ensures effective development, management, and execution of grant cultivation strategy and activities that support YWCA GGSV strategic goals. The Grants Manager maintains or expands a grant portfolio of over $14 million in govt, corporate and foundation grants. The Grants Manager works openly and collaboratively with Program Leadership and other stakeholders to gather information and insights for grant proposals and manages the process end-to-end. As a member of the management team, the Manager participates in program planning/design, individual/leadership development, goal setting, strategic thinking, and problem-solving. The Manager:
- Responsible for the entire grant application process: writes, organizes, edits, and submits grant applications in accordance with grantor requirements and deadlines, and monitors and tracks the status of proposals.
- Completes annual competitive and non-competitive renewal applications for funding.
- Research and evaluate current and new grant funding opportunities to increase resource development and further the strategic vision and goals of the agency. This includes monitoring local, state, federal, and private announcements to keep well informed of funding opportunities.
- Works in collaboration with key staff to develop a compelling case for funding support of programs
- Maintain grant language manuals for YWCA’s key impact areas with reference material, go-to policy and data sites.
We are seeking strong organizational and project management skills to deliver high-quality, accurate work within tight deadlines. We are looking for someone who loves to write and develop compelling proposals aligned with organizational needs and impact. You must have an understanding of feminism and a strong commitment to social justice. Candidates must have:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in successful grants management, and/or fundraising management and leadership experience with demonstrated results.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with government and foundation funding applications, including local, state, and federal.
- Strong project management skills such as planning, documentation, and implementation, detail-oriented, track tasks, and handles multiple projects simultaneously
- Meticulous attention to detail and superb communication skills, especially written.
- Must have skills on key platforms: Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom, Google Suite and be quickly able to learn
Required: Cleared FBI/DOJ background check (fingerprinting), valid TB test, this position requires a COVID-19 vaccination. Must have access to reliable internet if working remotely. Valid California driver’s license, reliable transportation, and auto insurance
- A competitive benefits plan: Employer covers employee’s premium for health, dental, vision, and life insurance (depending on the plan you choose)
- A high deductible medical plan available including employer contributions and optional employee contributions and a limited Flexible Spending Account available
- 15 paid holidays are made available each year: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Women’s International Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Indigenous Peoples Day, Veteran Day, Thanksgiving, and the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- 22.5. days of annual accrued PTO to start
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Talkspace for employees and their household members
- Immediate Employee contributed 403b, and an Employer Contributed 401a Retirement Plan with optional employee contributions after eligibility is met
- Parental leave for eligible employees for up to the first eight weeks
- Annual Retention Bonus
- Employee Discounts with TicketsatWork
- Free Access to the Calm App
- With access through Kaiser for the Ginger App and Class Pass
TO APPLY: Submit Resume & Cover Letter to email@example.com with “Grants Manager” in subject line. First deadline for submission of resumes: January 15th 2024. The YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.