Learning & Development Manager
Full-Time 40 hours/week), Exempt; Management
Compensation: $60,000 – $70,000
Location: YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley, San Jose, CA 95112/Remote
Department: Program Operations
Join a passionate, dynamic team dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. For over 100 years, YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley has provided programs and services that form a critical continuum of response, healing, and prevention. To encourage survivor self-determination, services are delivered through a strengths-based, non-judgmental and trauma-informed lens that aligns with our mission. Be a key part of shaping this future as our new Learning & Development Manager.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Learning & Development, the Learning & Development Manager has responsibility for developing, implementing, and continuously improving highly effective training programs that develops staff competency, reflects agency values and also best practices within the gender-based violence and anti-oppression fields. As a member of the YWCA Management Team, you will participate in program planning, design, change management, staff development, goal setting, community engagement and problem solving. The Manager:
- Develop, lead and coordinate organization’s internal and external training programs, including mandatory 75+ hour Sexual Assault Advocate Trainings for staff, volunteers and community members.
- Works with leadership to standardize core agency trainings, including initial onboarding trainings, ongoing core competency trainings, and mandated trainings.
- Support and coordinate agency training needs assessments and advances annual training plan in accordance with the agency’s strategic vision and values
- Understand the current and emerging learning, development, and performance needs of staff and volunteers working within the gender-based violence field; recommend and implement learning programs and assessment tools that are aligned to these needs.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of these programs and solutions, creating meaningful indicators of the employee experience and making ongoing adjustments to improve the employee experience and results.
The Learning & Development Manager is a solution focused leader with excellent interpersonal skills and is passionate about the mission, vision, and values of the organization. We are seeking a highly motivated, collaborative individual with a demonstrated ability a track record of developing and/or running successful training programs with quantified results. Additionally, an ideal candidate will possess knowledge of sexual assault and domestic violence issues, trauma and client-centered service provision and anti-oppression framework. You must have an understanding of feminism and a strong commitment to social justice. Bilingual, bi-cultural and bi-literate skills are highly preferred but not required.
- Candidates must have a Bachelors in a social services field, organizational development or an equivalent combination of education and experience; a minimum 2-3 years of management/program supervision experience
- 2+ years of experience in Learning and Development management, training delivery, instructional design, professional coaching or equivalent
- Strong project management skills such as planning, documentation and implementation- detail oriented, track tasks and handles multiple projects simultaneously and/or managing grant-funded programs
Delivery of work outcomes may include additional time beyond 40 hours weekly to accomplish goals/deadlines Work includes lifting up to 25 pounds.
Required: Cleared background check (fingerprinting), valid TB test, valid California driver’s license, 4 -years driving experience, reliable transportation and auto insurance. Must have completed or be willing to complete California State Sexual Assault Counselor certifications. (Training will be provided).