Full-Time (40 hours/week), Hourly, Non-Exempt.
Base Hourly Pay: $28
Location: YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley, San Jose, CA 95112(Hybrid)
Department: Business Ops
Be a key part of shaping this future as our new Payroll and Accounting Coordinator in our Business Operations department.
Reporting to the CAO/CFO, the Payroll and Accounting Coordinator coordinates all payroll and accounting activities for the organization, including processing payroll; preparing and maintaining accurate records and reports of payroll transactions; ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices; invoice processing; prepare and deposit checks; and prepares month-end reconciliation documents.
The ideal candidate will be a high-energy and collaborative team player, very detail-oriented, have initiative, possess strong organizational skills to manage a high volume of documentation and activities, flexibility, the ability to prioritize workload, excellent customer service skills, and the ability to anticipate and proactively respond to issues. Candidates must have high proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, and experience with Concur Invoices and Expense and Paychex FLEX is highly desirable. You are eager to take the next step in your career and grow with an organization.
Candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills to work independently and as part of a team. Candidates must have a minimum of two years’ experience in bookkeeping or accounting, and a 2-year degree in Accounting or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Work hours are primarily days. Schedule TBD. Delivery of service may include overtime to accomplish the task at hand. Work includes lifting to 30 pounds.
Required: Cleared background check (fingerprinting), valid TB test, valid 3+ years California driver’s license, and auto insurance. This position requires a Covid-19 vaccination due to the in-person interfacing required, and to promote the health and safety of others in the workplace and our community.
- A competitive benefits plan: health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 15 paid holidays are made available each year: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Women’s International Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Indigenous Peoples Day, Veteran Day, Thanksgiving, and the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- 20 days of annual accrued PTO to start
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Talkspace for employees and their household members
- Immediate Employee contributed 403b, and an Employer Contributed 401a Retirement Plan with optional employee contributions after eligibility is met
- Employee Discounts with TicketsatWork
- Free access to the Calm App
TO APPLY: Submit your Resume & Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Payroll and Accounting Coordinator” in subject line. Posting will continue until the position is filled. The YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.