Part-Time 18 hours/week; Schedule: Day Shift with Saturday availability.
Hourly Range: $17-19/hour, Non-Exempt
Location: 1557 4th St. San Rafael, CA
Join a passionate, dynamic team dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. For over 100 years, YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley has provided programs and services that form a critical continuum of response, healing, and prevention. Bloom, a program of YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley, provides complimentary wardrobes to children, women, and men who are transitioning to a life of self-reliance. Bloom receives quality donations of gently-worn or brand-new clothing and accessories. The community can shop in the Retail Store for all the right reasons: as they find great deals for themselves, all the proceeds of purchases help support the program! Be a key part of this program and team as our new Retail Associate!
Reporting to the Retail Manager, the Retail Associate is a key member of the team to ensure the success of retail store for the Bloom Program. The Retail Associate has excellent customer service, strong communication skills and can make customers feel welcome in the store. Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Greet, assist, and direct customers with high level of customer service
- Ensure the Retail Store is stocked appropriately, clean and orderly, and easy for customers to shop
- Work closely with the Retail Manager to create a positive retail environment and meet sales goals
- Provide accurate information (e.g. product features, pricing and after-sales services) and answer customer’s questions about specific products/services with confidence
- Cross-sell products
- Total purchases and process cash and credit card payments.
We are seeking a passionate, organized, and reliable individual to bring a collaborative and inclusive energy to the Store. The ideal candidate will have a strong connection to mission and understanding of how the Retail Store and sales directly impact our ability dress clients. Candidates must have a High School degree or at least 1 year equivalent work experience in the retail industry. Essential to this role is a demonstrated ability working directly with the public and proficiency with use of technology, specifically POS systems, registers and Microsoft Office. Bilingual, bi-cultural and bi-literate skills are highly preferred. We are seeking someone who has a strong understanding of the customer service.
Required: Cleared background check (fingerprinting), valid TB test, valid California driver’s license, and auto insurance. In-person role, 18 hours/week. Prolonged periods of standing, bending, kneeling and ability to lift up to 30 pounds. This position requires a Covid-19 vaccination due to the in-person interfacing required, and to promote the health and safety of others in the workplace and our community. Candidate must be in a drivable distance to Fourth Street office in San Rafael as that will be their primary location. Sales performance bonuses are provided each month if goals are met.
- 15 paid holidays are made available each year: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Women’s International Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Indigenous Peoples Day, Veteran Day, Thanksgiving, and the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- 3 Days of Paid Sick Leaves
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Discounts with TicketsatWork
- Free access to the Calm App
Schedule: TBD by Program Manager. The Retail Store is currently open Monday-Saturday from 11:00 a.m – 5:00 p.m.
TO APPLY: Submit Resume & Cover Letter to email@example.com with “Retail Associate” in subject line. Posting will continue until position is filled. The YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.