Survivor Advocacy Coordinator (CalWORKs)
Full-time (40 hours/week), Hourly, Non-Exempt.
Location: YWCA Silicon Valley, San Jose, CA 95112 & CalWORKs locations (Santa Clara County)
Department: Support Services, Community Support Program
Join a passionate, dynamic team dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. For over 100 years, YWCA Silicon Valley has provided programs and services that form a critical continuum of response, healing, and prevention. To encourage survivor self-determination, services are delivered through a strengths-based, non-judgmental and trauma-informed lens that aligns with our mission. Be a key part of shaping this future as our new Survivor Advocacy Coordinator (CalWORKs).
Reporting to the Support Services Department, Community Support Manager, the Survivor Advocacy Coordinator (CalWORKs):
- Provides direct advocacy, crisis counseling, gender-based violence education, case management, community referrals to adults and children impacted by domestic violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking both in person and on the phone using a strength-based, client-centered, trauma-informed approach.
- Manage a caseload of survivors of domestic violence; arrange, coordinate and monitor the delivery of individualized services by identifying needs, setting goals, making referrals, tracking client progress, submitting individualized monthly service plans and includes safety planning, risk assessment, and intervention planning as well as support clients in finding and securing safe and affordable housing.
- Serves as point of contact and effectively supports the service delivery at the CalWORKs locations by building relationships within CalWORKs and other related programs.
- Collaborates with Community Support Manager in submitting monthly reports.
- Build relationships with community organizations by providing advocacy to survivors; connects survivors to services and increases community awareness of YWCA Silicon Valley Services.
- Organizes the requests for advocacy services and information/training sessions from CalWORKs in partnership with the Community Support Manager.
- Maintains accurate and confidential records (hard copy and soft copy) of client services (service plans and achievements) and updates records in ETO (Efforts to Outcomes database) and CalWIN on a timely basis.
We are seeking a compassionate, organized, and reliable individual with a high level of self-awareness and emotional intelligence to provide case management, advocacy and emotional support for survivors of violence. Essential to this role is a demonstrated ability working with culturally and economically diverse individuals and families and ability to work with those impacted by trauma; excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and remotely. Candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s degree or college course work in social services field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Committed to direct, open and non-violent communication.
- Bilingual, bi-cultural and bi-literate skills.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to sexual assault and abuse issues, trauma, gender equity and/or other forms of oppression.
- 65-hour Sexual Assault Counselor Training highly preferred.
Delivery of service includes overtime to accomplish task at hand. On-call duties are required during evenings and overnight on a rotation. Work includes lifting up to 30 pounds. Susceptible to compassion fatigue and/or vicarious trauma.
Required: Cleared background check (fingerprinting), valid TB test, valid California driver’s license 4-yrs driving experience, reliable transportation and auto insurance. Must have completed or be willing to complete 65hr-trained California State Sexual Assault Counselor certification. (Training will be provided).