Full-Time (40 hours/week), Salary, Exempt.
Annual Salary: 70,040/yr.
Location: YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley, San Jose, CA 95112
Department: Healing & Justice
Reporting to the Community Support Manager (Central), the Survivor Advocacy Coordinator II:
- Provides direct advocacy and accompaniment, counseling, case management, community referrals to adults and children impacted by sexual assault, domestic violence and human trafficking both in person and on the phone using a strength-based, client-centered, trauma informed approach.
- Supports the work of the team by coordinating the daily management of community support activities, including but not limited to, referral response, classifying and distributing cases, connecting with community partners and triaging community requests
- Organizes the daily coordination of services, including requests for community support and advocacy services and distributions assignments and referrals among the team to ensure appropriate caseloads, as well as supervise a team of advocates
- Build relationships with law enforcement agencies and community organizations by providing training and outreach to increase community awareness of survivor services.
- Serves as a point of contact for after-hours emergencies as Manager on Call.
We are seeking a compassionate, organized, and reliable individual with a high level of self-awareness and emotional intelligence. Essential to this role is a demonstrated ability working with culturally and economically diverse individuals and families and ability to work with those impacted by trauma; a demonstrated ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment and to respond appropriately to unexpected situations.
Candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills to work independently and as part of a team. You must have an understanding of feminism and a strong commitment to social justice. Additionally, an ideal candidate will possess knowledge of and sensitivity to domestic violence and sexual assault issues, trauma, gender equity and client-centered service provision.
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a social services field or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Key to success is the ability to be present in a changing work environment; the ability to work independently and as a member of a diverse team with flexibility, initiative and a sense of humor; and the ability prioritize effectively and model healthy boundaries with empathy and compassion. Candidates should be competent in using Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and experience in confidential data management and record keeping.
The ideal candidate is a warm, self-starter deeply committed to providing services from a strengths-based, social justice and anti-oppression framework. Prior advocacy-based counseling and case management experience is a plus. Bilingual, bi-cultural and bi-literate skills are preferred (Spanish, Mandarin, or Vietnamese strongly preferred).
Delivery of service includes overtime to accomplish task at hand. On-call duties are required during evenings and overnight on a rotation. Work includes lifting up to 30 pounds. Susceptible to compassion fatigue and/or vicarious trauma.
Required: Cleared background check (fingerprinting), valid TB test, valid 3+ years California driver’s license, and auto insurance. Must have completed or be willing to complete a 75-hour California State Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Counselor certification. (Training will be provided). This position requires a Covid-19 vaccination due to the in-person interfacing required, and to promote the health and safety of others in the workplace and our community.
TO APPLY: Submit Resume & Cover Letter to email@example.com with “Survivor Advocacy Coordinator II” in subject line. Posting will continue until position is filled. The YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We may be unable to respond to every individual submission due to a high volume of applicants. Please do not telephone.
Applicants who do not follow the application procedure are immediately disqualified.