Full-Time (40 hours/week), Non-Exempt.
Compensation: $18.88 to $20.92 per hour
Location: YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley, San Jose, CA 95112
Department: Child Care
Reporting to the Youth and Family Services Program Director provides child care services to individuals and families .
We are seeking a compassionate, organized, and reliable individual with a high level of self-awareness and emotional intelligence. Essential to this role is a demonstrated ability working with culturally and economically diverse individuals and families.
Candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills to work independently and as part of a team..
Candidates must have twelve (12) units of Early Childhood Education units (ECE) The ability to work as a member of a teaching group, prepare lesson plans and engage with parents.
The ideal candidate is a warm, self-starter deeply committed to providing services from a strengths-based, social justice and anti-oppression framework.
Work hours are primarily days. Schedule TBD. Delivery of service may include after hour work to accomplish task at hand. Work includes lifting up to 30 pounds.
Required: Cleared background check (fingerprinting), valid TB test, Tdap, and Influenza MMR. This position requires a Covid-19 vaccination due to the in-person interfacing required, and to promote the health and safety of others in the workplace and our community.
- A competitive benefits plan: health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 15 paid holidays are made available each year: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Women’s International Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Indigenous Peoples Day, Veteran Day, Thanksgiving, and the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- 20 days of annual Accrued PTO to start
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Talkspace for employees and their household members
- Employer contributed 403B Retirement Plan with optional employee contributions
- Employee Discounts with TicketsatWork
- Free access to the Calm App
TO APPLY: Submit Resume & Cover Letter to email@example.com with “Teacher” in subject line. Posting will continue until position is filled.
The YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We may be unable to respond to every individual submission due to a high volume of applicants. Please do not telephone.
Applicants who do not follow the application procedure are immediately disqualified.